HOW TO HELP AT THE SCAL
ARTS IN BLOOM EXHIBIT
Our exhibit will be located at
Chapter One Farms
87 Pedricktown-Woodstown Road
We need members to fill every slot of the time schedule to monitor the exhibit as well as the "Dig into Art" children’s watercolor activity.
The Art League needs two things from you:
1. a piece or two of your artwork to exhibit
2. some of your time.
DATE: Saturday & Sunday, May 14 and 15, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
FIRST — To participate in the exhibit:
- Bring a piece (or several pieces) of your artwork or photography to Chapter One Farms, 87 Pedricktown-Woodstown Road, Pedricktown, on Friday evening (5/13) between 6-7 p.m. or on Saturday morning (5/14) between 9-10 a.m.
- The exhibit will be set up on the SCAL display racks under a tent. Works dropped off on Friday evening will be stored indoors until Saturday morning, taken down at the end of the day on Saturday, and rehung on Sunday morning.
- Your work can be for "Exhibit Only” or “For Sale.” Sales are between the artist and the buyer. Contact information will be provided on labels attached to the artwork. SCAL does not handle the sale transaction.
- All work should be framed and wired appropriately for hanging.
- All work should have a label. Below is a link to a file that contains several label forms that you should print, fill in, and attach to your work.
- Pick up your work between 5-6 p.m. or make arrangements with Helen Paxton (443-253-4135) to pick up the work on an alternate day and time.
You are welcome to bring something to work on while you are there. People would love to see you paint, draw, or sketch in person!
SECOND — We need volunteers
to greet visitors, hand out our brochures and coloring books, and talk about the Art League as well as the work that is on display.
Note: SCAL will be providing the watercolor activity for children this year. People also be needed to monitor this activity and give directions to the children.
SIGNING UP TO HELP
As you sign up to cover the exhibit, remember that not everyone can take the first and last hours in the schedule. Please think about taking some of the time periods during the middle of the day. The time slot you select will be confirmed along with the complete volunteer schedule before the tour.
To volunteer to help cover the exhibit, hand out brochures and coloring books, and/or work with the “Dig into Art “ activity:
- Please sign up by Wednesday, May 11
- Below is a list of the time slots we hope to fill for both monitoring the SCAL exhibit and the “Dig into Art” children’s activity, please select a time slot and sign up by emailing your. choice to Mary Herz, email@example.com.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to Noon (Come earlier to help hang work)
- Saturday, Noon to 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 2:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Noon to 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 2:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.